Tuesday, May 28, 2024
HomeElectric MotorcycleElectric motorcycle sparks fire at Pacifica home

Electric motorcycle sparks fire at Pacifica home

PACIFICA – An electric motorcycle sparked a fire at a Pacifica home Monday afternoon, authorities said.
The fire was reported just before 2:45 p.m. in the 1200 block of Lerida Way, near Terra Nova High School, according to the North County Fire Authority. Crews arrived to find fire and smoke coming from the two-car garage of a single-family residence.
Two residents who were home at the time managed to evacuate without injury, authorities said.
Crews knocked down the fire, which ultimately caused fire and smoke damage to the garage, as well as smoke damage to the second story, according to the fire authority.
The cause of the blaze – an “electrical malfunction within a charging motorcycle” – was determined to be accidental, authorities said. A spokesperson for the fire authority did not immediately return a message seeking additional details about the incident.
The fire displaced the residents, who made temporary housing arrangements, authorities said.
No firefighters were injured.
Check back for updates.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Translate »